We are a charitable not-for-profit organization with a mission to connect youth and families with nature and the outdoors, to raise awareness and appreciation for our natural world, and to foster a strong environmental ethic through community-based education and hands-on activities that benefit our local environment.
Location: Turkey Point, Norfolk County, Ontario
Requirements: We are looking for an enthusiastic, nurturing educator that loves the outdoors just as much as we do. Our program follows the Forest School philosophy and is play-based, emergent, inquiry-based, child-led and primarily outdoors. We believe passionately in the benefits to everyone, young and old, of being immersed in nature. Please visit our website for more information regarding our mission, philosophy, and program details: naturescalling.ca
Qualifications: Applicants must have one or more of the following:
- Registered Early Childhood Educator qualifications (in Good Standing)
- Ontario Certified Teaching qualifications (in Good Standing)
Highly recommended are also:
- Forest School Practitioner through the Child and Nature Alliance of Canada
- Relevant Outdoor Education experience
- Develop and deliver daily forest school programming with children aged 3 to 6, and 7 to 10.
- Manage and support all staff
- Ensure the safety of all participants at all times, including but not limited to: forest play, crafts, story telling and hikes
- Document observations of each child’s interests and progress
- Assist in risk assessments as needed, and review each season
- Responsible for program tools and equipment as provided. This includes the care, maintenance, restocking and storing of equipment appropriately at all times.
- Communicate with parents and families in an effective and timely manner, regarding the program and the progress of their child
Work Period: Full-time position beginning in September, 2021. 40 hours per week.
Wages: Hourly, to commensurate with experience.
E-mail cover letter and resumé by August 23rd to:
Executive Director, NCEE
Here is a pdf of this job posting in case you want to save or print it.